Release date: May 14, 2013
This version corrects problems encountered in earlier versions associated with destruction priorities and with the queuing units for vaccination.
- Destruction priorities are now working properly when "Days holding" is selected as the highest priority reason for destruction.
- The minimum time between vaccinations is now being applied correctly to units that are queued for vaccination the day before revaccination is due.
Release date: October 24, 2012
This release corrects a problem encountered in NAADSM 4.0.10 that can occur when users attempt to open and update scenario databases created with NAADSM 3.2.18.
- All scenario databases originally created with NAADSM 3.2.18 can now be imported into NAADSM 4.0.
Release date: October 3, 2012
NAADSM 4.0.10 is the first public release of NAADSM 4.0. This version includes a new approach for modeling local-area and airborne transmission of disease, an improved mechanism for simulating the influence of within-unit prevalence on the spread of disease, and the capability to simulate diseases associated with high mortality. Please see the model specification and user's guide for NAADSM 4.0 for a complete description of the changes.
- Directional airborne spread and nondirectional local-area spread of disease can now be parameterized independently and simultaneously.
- A new mechanism for simulating airborne and local-area spread, which includes new parameters, has been implemented in NAADSM 4.0.
- The influence of within-unit prevalence of disease on between-unit disease spread by direct contact, local-area transimssion, and airborne transmission is now better represented and simulated.
- Poorly defined parameters for exposure delay have been eliminated.
- A dead-from-disease state has been incorporated, in order to simulate the effect of diseases associated with high mortality.
Release date: November 3, 2011
Version 3.2.18 corrects several incorrect output calculations related to cost accounting and to the number of units in queue to be vaccinated.
- Cost calculations are now correct if only destruction costs or only vaccination costs are tracked.
Lengths of queues of units and animals waiting to be vaccinated are now reported correctly. Values for the outputs vacwUMax, vacwUMaxDay, vacwAMax, and vacwAMaxDay are also now correct.
- NAADSM now properly accounts for unused zones when determining whether a scenario file contains valid output.
- New outputs that track the daily numbers of units and animals in queue for destruction and vaccination are not implemented.
Release date: August 30, 2011
Version 3.2.17 corrects a problem occasionally encountered in previous versions in which output generated was not saved. This version also corrects the display of some cost accounting outputs in situations where they do not apply to certain production types.
- A problem found in earlier releases of NAADSM 3.2 in which some simulation results were not saved has been corrected.
- Cost accounting summary statistics are now displayed properly when control measures are not used
Release date: August 24, 2011
Version 3.2.16 corrects problems with outputs having to do with maximum delays for vaccination and destruction, as well as several other major problems identified in earlier versions.
- Vaccination and destruction priorities are now set correctly when a model includes many production types
- Model output can now be displayed in the NAADSM graphical interface after XML import
- Parameters for diagnostic testing are now correctly imported from XML
- The output deswUMaxDay is now reported correctly.
- The output vacwUMaxDay is now reported correctly.
Release date: July 10, 2011
Version 3.2.15 fixes several problems in the user interface.
- Values for the option that allows users to choose to simulate detection for production types are now saved properly.
- The map of unit locations is now displayed properly after import of units in the herd list editor.
- The "Import and replace existing unit list" option in the herd list editor now properly enforces the requirement that every herd have a unique ID number.
- The user interface has been updated to eliminate potential confusion regarding the directionality of airborne disease spread.
Release date: July 6, 2011
Version 3.2.14 introduces code for the experimental version "Torrington" into NAADSM 3.2 (see http://www.naadsm.org/experimental/torrington for details), and fixes several minor problems in the user interface.
Release date: June 27, 2011
Version 3.2.13 fixes several minor problems in the user interface, and introduces outputs for tracking the number of infected units at the time of first detection of an infected unit.
- Disease state chart names are now properly associated with their disease state on XML import
- Units of pdf and relational functions are now read-only, to prevent potential unintended consequences.
- Child windows are now always positioned properly when using a dual monitor setup
- The map window is now displayed upon successful XML import
Release date: June 1, 2011
Version 3.2.12 is the first public release of NAADSM 3.2. This version introduces new capabilities to conduct trace-back investigations as well as trace-forward investigations; and to conduct exams and diagnostic tests on units identified by tracing.
- Problems counting the number of units in the vaccination queue and the number of units vaccinated have been resolved.
- Users now have the option of including or excluding detected clinical units in a vaccination strategy.
- NAADSM 3.2 introduces the capability to simulate trace-back investigations as well as trace-forward investigations.
Release date: April 1, 2011
This version addresses some minor issues that affect the NAADSM user interface, and introduces code for the experimental version "Torrington" (see http://www.naadsm.org/experimental/torrington for details).
- It is now possible to include the condition for ending simulations when exporting XML from the NAADSM user interface.
- The graphical interface now allows detection multipliers less than 1, but displays a warning when such values are used.
Release date: March 17, 2011
This version corrects a problem that can occur in the graphical user interface when enhanced detection in zones is not used.
- This version corrects a problem that can occur in the graphical user interface when enhanced detection in zones is not used.
Release date: March 9, 2011
This version corrects several problems encountered in the NAADSM user interface.
- Scenario files that contain inverse Gaussian distributions can now be opened and run.
- Users can once again rename relational functions that are used for direct or indirect movement control in zones.
- The epidemic curves displayed on the "Summary of 1 Iteration" window now properly account for initially infected units.
- Epidemic curves in the "Summary of 1 Iteration" window are now properly updated when the production type is changed
Release date: February 14, 1011
This version corrects an error that can occur when delayed direct and indirect contacts and airborne exposures are used. Note that use of delayed contacts or exposures is still not recommended: please see the NAADSM User's Guide for more information.
- An error that caused delayed contacts or exposures to occur on incorrect days has been fixed. The best course of action is still not to use this parameter, but to specify a point function of 0 or 1 day for all shipping and airborne transport delays.
Release date: January 26, 2011
This version corrects several minor errors in the NAADSM user interface, and simplifies the use of relational functions with different but equivalent units (e.g., proportions and percentages).
- When relational functions with different but equivalent units (e.g., proportions and percentages) are copied and pasted, the values are now adjusted automatically to the format expected by the user interface.
- Retrieval of output from scenario databases that contain results from a large number of simulations is now substantially faster.
Release date: May 20, 2010
This version corrects several minor errors in the NAADSM user interface, introduces the capability to copy and paste probability density and relational functions, and introduces improved options for export of raw output data generated during simulation runs.
- Zone-related costs are now displayed only when cost accounting for zone-related activities is used.
- An improved approach for handling and displaying destruction and vaccination priorities.
- Production types no longer disappear from the destruction or vaccination priority lists when changes are made to destruction or vaccination options.
- The error message "List index out of bounds (0)" is no longer displayed when attempting to set destruction or vaccination priorities.
- Tab captions now appear properly in 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- "Grid index is out of range" errors no longer occur on the Scenario Comparison screen.
- Currencies are now always displayed to exactly two decimal places.
- Copying and pasting of probability density and relational functions between different instances of NAADSM and related applications is now possible.
- The capability to export raw output values from the Output Statistics window is now implemented.
Release date: August 10, 2009
This version corrects a problem encountered when the maximum distance of airborne spread with linear decline of the probability of airborne spread is set to 1 km or less.
- Use of a maximum distance of airborne spread of 1 km with linear decline of probability of airborne spread is no longer allowed by the user interface.
Release date: June 2, 2009
This version corrects a calculation problem that can occur in the supercomputer version, improves handling of delimited plain-text files for parameter import/export, and corrects several minor problems in the user interface. It is a recommended update from version 3.1.21.
- Destruction priorities are now preserved when XML scenario files are imported.
- Validation of destruction and vaccination priorities is improved.
- Memory leaks that occur during XML import have been fixed.
- Several Spanish-language displays have been improved.
- Various cosmetic issues have been corrected.
- The disease status of units placed in the destruction queue as a result of tracing or ring destruction is now checked to ensure that units that have already been destroyed do not artificially inflate the length of the queue.
- Delimited plain-text files with international formatting can now be imported and exported.
Release date: January 13, 2009
The ability to create and/or edit relational functions has been restored after accidentally being removed in version 3.1.20. It is a recommended update from 3.1.20.
- The ability to create and/or edit relational functions has been restored after accidentally being removed in version 3.1.20.
Release date: January 8, 2009
This version corrects a calculation problem that occurs when the within-unit prevalence feature and the ability to specify the number of days that an initially infected unit has been in its disease state are used simultaneously. It is a recommended update from 3.1.19.
- Within-unit prevalence is now calculated correctly when the user specifies the number of days that initially infected units should remain in their disease state.
- Users now have finer control over the durations of the initial disease state of initially infected units.
Release date: November 25, 2008
This version fixes two bugs in the user interface. It is a recommended update from 3.1.18.
- Problems in the production type combinations window have been corrected to enable selection of all possible production type combinations
- A bug in the airborne spread window has been corrected to allow proper validation of model parameters.
Release date: November 4, 2008
This version fixes numerous minor bugs in the user interface, introduces new daily outputs for traced units, and improves XML import capabilities. It is a minor update from 3.1.17.
- Minor corrections have been made in the Spanish-language user interface.
- Multiple bugs in the NAADSM user interface have been fixed.
- XML import capabilities are improved.
- New outputs for daily numbers of units traced are now captured.
Release date: April 21, 2007
This version introduces the Spanish-language user interface and corrects various bugs in the user interface. It is a recommended update from 3.1.16.
- The NAADSM user interface can now be displayed in either English or Spanish.
Release date: June 25, 2007
This version corrects several data calculation errors, and fixes two problems that might lead to an unexpected application crash. It is a recommended update from 3.1.15.
- Airborne spread with exponential drop-off in probability of infection now provides a more accurate estimate of the total number of herds that can be infected.
- An error affecting the selection of recipient herds for contact spread has been corrected.
- Errors that occur when using the scenario comparison window is used have been corrected.
- Unexpected crashes that occur upon XML input have been resolved.
Release date: May 30, 2007
This version is the first public release of NAADSM 3.1. NAADSM 3.1 preserves compatibility with NAADSM 3.0, but introduces several new conceptual features and numerous enhancements.
NAADSM 3.1.15 follows version 1.1.0 of the model specification: no further substantial changes will be made to the specification for the 3.1.x development branch of NAADSM.
- Accuracy of distance calculations for vaccination and destruction ring radii is improved.
- Accuracy of distance calculations for direct and indirect contact is improved.
- User-defined zones for surveillance, detection, and movement control may be modeled.
- Within-unit prevalence may be modeled with the use of a simple prevalence chart for each production type.
- Performance during scenario setup is considerably improved.
- The outcomes of two scenarios can be compared directly, side-by-side.
- Existing NAADSM/SC scenarios can now be imported into NAADSM/PC.
Release date: October 30, 2006
This version corrects several data calculation errors in the supercomputer version of NAADSM, and improves the display of NAADSM/PC on computers set to use large fonts.
- The "Set up starting units" window is now displayed properly.
- Use of loglogistic probability density functions no longer causes NAADSM/PC to crash.
- NAADSM screens are now displayed properly on Windows computers set to use large fonts.
- Supercomputer calculations for time-to-first-detection and time-to-end-of-outbreak have been corrected.
Release date: September 27, 2006
This version implements much-improved memory handling, as well as a variety of other bug fixes. It is an recommended update from 3.0.82.
- Memory usage has been substantially reduced, which will allow users to run more sophisticated scenarios with less RAM memory.
- Production type removal now works correctly.
- Days for first detection, vaccination, and destruction are now displayed properly in ouput windows when the production type is set to "All production types".
- The option "Start and run until first detection(s)" now works properly for multiple iterations.
- If a scenario database has been altered in such a way that will break the ability to update herd records, a warning is now issued to the user.
- The mechanism for setting a fixed contact rate has been improved.
- The option to generate a functional sample scenario database has been restored.
- A standard NAADSM/SC ouput specification may now be generated and exported by NAADSM/PC.
Release date: August 29, 2006
This version incorporates a new option for handling the end of iterations. It is a useful update from 3.0.81.
- An option for stopping iterations upon the end of the active disease phase of an outbreak has been implemented.
Release date: August 2, 2006
This version is a minor update from 3.0.80.
- Cosmetic changes have been made.
Release date: July 4, 2006
This version is a minor update from 3.0.79.
- Attempts to change charts for production type combinations now affect only the appropriate combinations.
Release date: June 16, 2006
Version 3.0.79 is the first public release of the North American Animal Disease Spread Model 3.0. This version is a minor update from 3.0.78.
- About two dozen interface inconsistencies have been corrected.
- Users may now select either the linear drop-off or the exponential drop-off algorithm for airborne spread.
- The application interacts with the NAADSM website for registration and notification of updates.
Release date: April 6, 2006
Version 3.0.78 is the first production version of the North American Animal Disease Spread Model 3.0. This version has been thoroughly tested by the model development team, and has been deemed stable and suitable for analytical use.
NAADSM 3.0.78 follows version 1.0.6 of the model description document: no further substantial changes will be made to the description document for the 3.0.x development branch of NAADSM.